Baron of Rookhaven
An older man whose gray-white hair frames a stern countenance, weathered by age but set like stone. His gaze is a measurement, and his manner is brisk, he has little time for foolishness, but he is known to be a kind man. He raises his three half-elven grandchildren as his own, after their parents (his human son and his half-elf wife) were killed traveling over the Spearhead Mountains as Emissaries of the Crown to Lothia..
His cloak is usually of blue, a gift from his late wife that he cherishes. His brooch, ring, and armor bear his crest: A tree whose branches encircle eight stars whose trunk is the blade of a sword.
- Born in 598
- Married his wife, the late Lorthana De Clare, in 618.
- Fought in the War of Five Dragons beside King Uthyr and his father.
- Inherited the Barony from his father in 640.
- Had three children, one of whom died in childbirth, one of whom joined the church, and the third became an agent of the king.
- Abandoned the Roose family estate in the valley when his wife died in 650 and moved to Rookhaven.
- Adopted his grandchildren after the death of his son and his son’s wife. in 660.
- Is generally known for being stiff, but kind.
- Is rumored to secretly practice the Old Way, despite the King’s insistence that all of his nobles become Theosian.